Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trivial things that annoy you..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do we think?

I don't know what the general idea is over in America, but over here we're expected to bring cakes and treats into work on our birthdays...

Call me miserable, but surely if it's your birthday, you should be treated.. and not have to do the 'treating'?

(It's not my birthday, just a general rant).

Quote:What do we think?

I don't know what the general idea is over in America, but over here we're expected to bring cakes and treats into work on our birthdays...

Call me miserable, but surely if it's your birthday, you should be treated.. and not have to do the 'treating'?

Lol, that would annoy me too.  That's not really how it works here.  Typically people bring people in for others birthdays.  If nobody likes you, you don't get anything.
Quote:What do we think?

Yeah...that's definitely backwards!!
Quote:Lol, that would annoy me too.  That's not really how it works here.  Typically people bring people in for others birthdays.  If nobody likes you, you don't get anything.

I generally take annual leave on my birthday anyway... but I just find it odd... I have so many things that I could add into this thread..

Like this Christmas Day will be the 11th Christmas Day I have worked in the last 13 years.. the other 2 I was coming off 12 hour night shifts.. so when you look at it that way, I haven't actually had a full Christmas Day off for 13 years!.. Ho ho ho..
Quote: Ho ho ho..

Language!
Quote:Language!
 Oops.... :whistling:  :whistling:
[Image: _id1439822874_419309.jpg]

:woot: What the hell does rant mean?

Quote::woot: What the hell does rant mean?

What you're doing in this thread... :thumbsup:
Quote:What you're doing in this thread... :thumbsup:

Haha... it was a Family Guy reference... I had a meme all set up but I couldn't work out how to upload a picture... :whistling:  Blush
Typically you take a vacation day on your birthday

Quote:Typically you take a vacation day on your birthday
Hell yeah, and not for the celebrations, but because I don't want to buy cake, or share it, with my colleagues.

:thumbsup:
People driving under the speed limit drive me (no pun intended) crazy. The right lane is for people doing the speed limit and the left lane is for speeding. Thems the rules!!
People that don't know how yield signs work.
People who update their Facebook status like 10 times per day.

Or people who air their family issues on facebook....

Oh, and there's someone on my facebook who will post something like 'I'm so angry', when someone replies with 'ooh what's the matter?' they say 'I can't talk about it'...

WELL DON'T POST ABOUT IT!!!!!! Wallbash  Wallbash

Oh yeah, and sales assistants in shoe shops...

'We don't have these in a size 10, we have them in a size 7 though?'..

Gee thanks, let me tell my 10 year old nephew..

It probably was the same way originally if people liked you they would bring in treats, but when one person wasnt liked he simply brought in the treats & said that is how it should always be for now on...

and hence the tradition since he was king.

Joke

Quote:It probably was the same way originally if people liked you they would bring in treats, but when one person wasnt liked he simply brought in the treats & said that is how it should always be for now on...

Joke
Big Grin
People not using turn signals.
Quote:It probably was the same way originally if people liked you they would bring in treats, but when one person wasnt liked he simply brought in the treats & said that is how it should always be for now on...

Joke

We had to stop doing in-office birthdays altogether because one curmudgeon didn't get any recognition on hers, even though all recognition were peer initiated.