Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley gets 1 year extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
@ryanohalloran Per source, #Jaguars giving coach Gus Bradley one-year extension. <a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/O2U7Z1Hheq'>https://t.co/O2U7Z1Hheq</a>

I have lost all confidence in this front office. I just don't get it.
Pretty much as i suspected. This brings his contract in line with DC. I said this when they were hired, I said it when the team was struggling through the rebuild. If Gus goes, DC goes

32 flavors. 32 teams. Coincidence? I think not.
Hooray...   5 year plan... 5 year plan...  hooray for mediocrity.

My lord. Rewarding failure. Love it.
Why are people mad about this. I'm happy they kept Gus but 1 year means nothing in this league. They could fire him tomorrow if they wanted too. No need for overreaction.
Knew this was going to happen. So he didn't feel pressure this season.

Wow. My question is what has he done to deserve an extension?

We better make the playoffs next season.
Quote:Knew this was going to happen. So he didn't feel pressure this season.
God forbid he feels pressure to perform.
Another blow to confidence in the front office...just my two cents
Quote:Knew this was going to happen. So he didn't feel pressure this season.

He needs to get coddled? Simple Gus
Are you guys ready to believe me when I say that Caldwell is a problem?

No idea why they did this. He hasn't done anything to garner this extension. Didn't fix a defense. Olsen had to come save the offense. Can't win games when it actually matters and playoffs are on the line.

But let's give him an extension!
Quote:No idea why they did this. He hasn't done anything to garner this extension. Didn't fix a defense. Olsen had to come save the offense. Can't win games when it actually matters and playoffs are on the line.

But let's give him an extension!

The team look like they gave up on him in Houston. Unbelievable.
They're talking about it on 1010XL right now, and they're saying the extension is meaningless in almost every way except when the team is looking at free agents.  Players may not be as willing to come here if they think the coaching situation could change, and having a coach in the final year of his contract would certainly be reason for second thought. 

Agree or not, giving Bradley a 1 year extension doesn't prevent him from being fired if he doesn't deliver in 2016. Nothing has changed about that.  If the team isn't competing for a playoff spot and the division next year, Gus is going to take the fall.

When I read this I just started laughing for some reason, and I mean I was laughing pretty good.

Does anybody know why?

Quote:God forbid he feels pressure to perform.

Agreed. He should feel pressure this season. Mediocrity at its finest
Quote:Why are people mad about this. I'm happy they kept Gus but 1 year means nothing in this league. They could fire him tomorrow if they wanted too. No need for overreaction.

Overreaction?   We are on year 4 of the 5 year plan that they said was three years to compete.  When I objectively rewatched some of the games from this year it is amazing we won 5 games.  Oh but we were so close in many of the games.  No we really weren't close.  The New England game was more of the blue print for the 2015 expectations.

The game plans are poor and the execution is awful.  There are no adjustments made on game day and it all points back to Gus.  Hey let me get mellow and go with the flow.
Quote:They're talking about it on 1010XL right now, and they're saying the extension is meaningless in almost every way except when the team is looking at free agents. Players may not be as willing to come here if they think the coaching situation could change, and having a coach in the final year of his contract would certainly be reason for second thought.

Agree or not, giving Bradley a 1 year extension doesn't prevent him from being fired if he doesn't deliver in 2016. Nothing has changed about that. If the team isn't competing for a playoff spot and the division next year, Gus is going to take the fall.
How dumb do you think FAs are? Like they don't know he will be gone if he fails this season? They're coming for the money anyway so when the Jags say "but look! We gave him anothe year!" It doesn't mean jack.

It's a dumb move that means nothing.
Quote:They're talking about it on 1010XL right now, and they're saying the extension is meaningless in almost every way except when the team is looking at free agents.  Players may not be as willing to come here if they think the coaching situation could change, and having a coach in the final year of his contract would certainly be reason for second thought. 

Agree or not, giving Bradley a 1 year extension doesn't prevent him from being fired if he doesn't deliver in 2016. Nothing has changed about that.  If the team isn't competing for a playoff spot and the division next year, Gus is going to take the fall.

Isn't playing in the NFL about the money?  So on one hand, we say that it is players not plays.  And then we can go with coaching not mattering that much but somehow free agents won't come here if the coach is a lame duck?  Ugh.  I am really really appreciating the first 5 years of this franchise more and more.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25