Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Knee to the neck in Minneapolis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Four officers were called to pick up a suspected forger in Minneapolis.
The officers say that the man resisted them trying to put him in their squad car.
A phone video stream that a lot of people have seen by now starts with one of the officers resting his knee on the back of the man's neck while the man pleads for him to stop saying he can't breathe and that everything hurts.
In addition to the person recording the video, two bystanders are berating the cops, at first for excessive force, and then begging the cops to check the man's pulse as he goes non-responsive. One of the bystanders claims to be a paramedic with the fire department, and instead of listening to her and checking the man's pulse, one of the officers argues with her and says she doesn't sound like a first responder to him. Eventually the officers do get off the man's back and call for an ambulance, but none of them attempt to perform CPR while they wait.

The four officers were placed on administrative leave as a matter of course, but when the video came out the mayor made sure that they were all fired.

What penalty should the officer who had his knees on a man's neck face?

What penalty should the other three face?

What would you have done if you were there witnessing a murder in slow motion?
Welcome to the deep south where certain people on this board will attempt to justify this action was warranted by the police.
(05-27-2020, 07:35 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the deep south where certain people on this board will attempt to justify this action was warranted by the police.

Welcome to The Jungle political forum where every liberal thinks all white people are racist

Terrible story. Terrible cops. The first responder conversation you made up sounds like fake news though..
(05-27-2020, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 07:35 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the deep south where certain people on this board will attempt to justify this action was warranted by the police.

Welcome to The Jungle political forum where every liberal thinks all white people are racist

Terrible story. Terrible cops. The first responder conversation you made up sounds like fake news though..

You can't really hear what that officer is saying. You can definitely hear her protesting back "Yes I am" so the point of the story is the same.
don't worry , the usual suspects will come in to defend their beloved police
(05-27-2020, 08:18 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]don't worry , the usual suspects will come in to defend their beloved police

Who?
Man 1.
I think officer knees should face the death penalty. And I think the other three should be looking at 5 to 10.
If they end up in state prison they will probably have to serve solitary for their own protection.
I would also like to see them brought up on federal charges, just in case the jury doesn't convict at the state level.
(05-27-2020, 08:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I think officer knees should face the death penalty. And I think the other three should be looking at 5 to 10.
If they end up in state prison they will probably have to serve solitary for their own protection.
I would also like to see them brought up on federal charges, just in case the jury doesn't convict at the state level.

They don't have the death penalty.

Whew. Thank god racism doesn’t exist right?
In the British army there was a ceremony called "cashiering" for people who needed to be removed from public trust and humiliated.
I wish we had a version of that for these four cops, at a minimum.
(05-27-2020, 08:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to The Jungle political forum where every liberal thinks all white people are racist

Whew. Thank god racism doesn’t exist right?

I've always heard that racism is the South's fault. Guess we should find out how a Minnesota cop got infected.

(05-27-2020, 08:26 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]In the British army there was a ceremony called "cashiering" for people who needed to be removed from public trust and humiliated.
I wish we had a version of that for these four cops, at a minimum.

We do, it's called "sentencing."
(05-27-2020, 08:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 08:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I think officer knees should face the death penalty. And I think the other three should be looking at 5 to 10.

They don't have the death penalty.

Minnesota might not.  The feds do.
(05-27-2020, 08:29 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 08:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They don't have the death penalty.

Minnesota might not.  The feds do.

Won't happen for something like this. It was not a hate crime or particularly heinous, though it will be made out as such.

Doesn't fit my worldview = fake news.
(05-27-2020, 08:33 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to The Jungle political forum where every liberal thinks all white people are racist

How exactly does that involve his worldview?

Not mah Merica!
Come on guys there was a forgery being committed...

Just doesn't fit facts.

He literally backed up his facts with "You can't really hear what that officer is saying. You can definitely hear her protesting back "Yes I am" so the point of the story is the same.".
(05-27-2020, 08:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 08:33 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't fit my worldview = fake news.

Just doesn't fit facts.

He literally backed up his facts with "You can't really hear what that officer is saying. You can definitely hear her protesting back "Yes I am" so the point of the story is the same.".

It's just so weird that the part where you respond to the actual event comes across as perfunctory and what you really want to do is pick a fight with me over a trivial aspect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34