Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trevor Lawrence Discussion (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other Trevor thread got locked but I wanted to share a great article here about QBs in general.

https://t.co/Pkx7Uw7hBj

They have Trevor ranked 14th (ahead of Cousins, Tannehill, Mac and Hurts) and here's why:

"Numbers lie. Well, sometimes they do, and Lawrence’s rookie campaign is one of those cases. Lawrence undoubtedly has issues that need to be ironed out. His eyes get stuck on covered receivers for a bit too long, and his timing can be thrown off by unnecessary hitches. But outside of that, there aren’t any major concerns. He’s got rare throwing talent and a sophisticated approach to the position. He’s undaunted by bodies around him. There’s also a craftiness to his game that belies his inexperience. With a stronger support system in place in 2022, Lawrence’s all-around game should shine brighter. It’s only a matter of time before we’re talking about him as one of the best quarterbacks in the game."
He'll be fine. Should expect to see his TD's double and his INT's cut in half this year. His legs will be allowed in the offense this year as well. Something Urban Miller refused to consistently enable. That's the best part about Pederson's offense. It's specifically built for a guy of Lawrence's skill set.
That list looks pretty accurate. I was alarmed when I saw Geno Smith at #22 but then looked at those below him only to realize how a lot of the QBs are in the NFL. That said, I'd place Wentz at somewhere around #20 not #27.

I think we're going to get a very diverse Trevor this year with a lot of misdirection elements that allow him to have several passing options or even run options when the defense bites on some fake sweeps
or reverses and such.
I’m swearing off the koolaid until a few games into the season. Well, okay, maybe the first game. But still! I am abstaining for now.
(09-06-2022, 01:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]He'll be fine. Should expect to see his TD's double and his INT's cut in half this year. His legs will be allowed in the offense this year as well. Something Urban Miller refused to consistently enable. That's the best part about Pederson's offense. It's specifically built for a guy of Lawrence's skill set.

Honestly bro we say this every year. ______’s system. I need to just see it instead of someone telling me he will be fine.
(09-06-2022, 02:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2022, 01:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]He'll be fine. Should expect to see his TD's double and his INT's cut in half this year. His legs will be allowed in the offense this year as well. Something Urban Miller refused to consistently enable. That's the best part about Pederson's offense. It's specifically built for a guy of Lawrence's skill set.

Honestly bro we say this every year. ______’s system. I need to just see it instead of someone telling me he will be fine.

Do we?

I cannot remember an Offensive Coordinator or play caller that nearly half the board was okay with from this group:

Meyer/Bevell
Marrone/Jay Gruden/DeFilippo/Hackett/Greg Olson/Jedd Fisch
Mularkey/Bratkowski
Koetter. (C Smith and Musgrave was little before followed Jags closely to know)

There were guys that people tried to talk themselves into, but none with a credibility of Pederson.

You can definitely question all the offensive staff under him but most failed at more difficult tasks than they are being asked to do here.

Most of us already see that he is already "fine."

He'll be fine. You will see it early and often this year. Pederson is the best coach this team has had in Jacksonville since Tom Coughlin & Jack Del Rio. At the very minimum we'll have stability and consistency. Should be a club that flirts with .500 at the minimum every year and with a few lucky breaks or big additions made you'll probably see them make quite a few play off runs. 

I know we want the Superbowl. I am remaining extremely reserved on that until I see Lawrence flat out take over games on a weekly basis. He has to play on an Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes like level for me to start throwing Superbowl around.
We still have a crappy owner and a questionable GM. We have seen a bunch of great throws already just need competency someway and somewhere around the guy. I have a wait and see approach.
No rookie could have succeeded last year. 40 dropped passes and arguably the worst head coaching hire in NFL history, right up there with Bobby Petrino and Rich Kotite.
(09-06-2022, 05:27 PM)DeathByJags Wrote: [ -> ]No rookie could have succeeded last year. 40 dropped passes and arguably the worst head coaching hire in NFL history, right up there with Bobby Petrino and Rich Kotite.

A few folks on this board say that if Lawrence was any good he should of overcame that.
(09-06-2022, 05:27 PM)DeathByJags Wrote: [ -> ]No rookie could have succeeded last year. 40 dropped passes and arguably the worst head coaching hire in NFL history, right up there with Bobby Petrino and Rich Kotite.
It’s not an argument. He IS the worst coach of all time.

Man he sucks.
I like Trevor a lot but he does have some inconsistencies. Very curious to see what he looks like tho away from Urban and with better talent surrounding him.
(09-06-2022, 05:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

A few folks on this board say that if Lawrence was any good he should of overcame that.

It's arguable that he did overcome it. I think any of the other rookies taken last year probably would have had an epic implosion on the Jaguars last year.

He had a couple of multiple interception games near the end of last year, but also had his best game where he clearly showed what he is against a good defense, which is a future franchise QB.
(09-06-2022, 04:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2022, 02:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly bro we say this every year. ______’s system. I need to just see it instead of someone telling me he will be fine.

He'll be fine. You will see it early and often this year. Pederson is the best coach this team has had in Jacksonville since Tom Coughlin & Jack Del Rio. At the very minimum we'll have stability and consistency. Should be a club that flirts with .500 at the minimum every year and with a few lucky breaks or big additions made you'll probably see them make quite a few play off runs. 

I know we want the Superbowl. I am remaining extremely reserved on that until I see Lawrence flat out take over games on a weekly basis. He has to play on an Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes like level for me to start throwing Superbowl around.

I remain extremely reserved on the Jags breaking .500.  My level of reservation regarding the Superbowl is unmeasurable.   Sort of like reaching the speed of light - infinite energy is needed to achieve that degree of reservation.
(09-06-2022, 05:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
It’s not an argument. He IS the worst coach of all time.

Man he sucks.

It got where I felt sorry for Trevor having to play under that poor excuse for a coach....must have been tough!  Sick
(09-06-2022, 04:54 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]We still have a crappy owner and a questionable GM. We have seen a bunch of great throws already just need competency someway and somewhere around the guy. I have a wait and see approach.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion(s).

We Don't have a "Crappy Owner" and "a questionable GM" remains to be seen. Mr. Khan has went above and beyond to his/our team successful. He's been seriously patient within the past on Most levels w/respect the the Jaguars and it won't change anytime soon. 

As for classifying Baalke (your words) as questionable, that's an upgrade because last season he was classified as a person that's Not Worthy on ALL levels. Let's allow the 2022 game plan to play out of which was set up by Mr. Khan (no pun intended).

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
„ BIGGEST STRENGTH: ACCURACY
Like an elite 3-point shooter in the NBA, Lawrence always manages to get himself into the proper position to make a throw. His arm is plenty strong, but it’s his impressive footwork that allows him to get the most out of it, whether he’s on the move or throwing from a collapsing pocket.“

…. Is this not his biggest weakness really? Accuracy is off sometimes because his footwork is off.
(09-07-2022, 07:22 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]„ BIGGEST STRENGTH: ACCURACY
Like an elite 3-point shooter in the NBA, Lawrence always manages to get himself into the proper position to make a throw. His arm is plenty strong, but it’s his impressive footwork that allows him to get the most out of it, whether he’s on the move or throwing from a collapsing pocket.“

…. Is this not his biggest weakness really? Accuracy is off sometimes because his footwork is off.

I think it's more a statement that if he has a clean pocket and can set his feet, he will make you pay. Most of his misses are when the pocket is collapsing or he's on the move and unable to set properly. Even then, from what we've seen this preseason, if he's hurried he's putting the ball in places where either his man makes the grab or nobody does. I'll take a missed throw over a sack or an ugly pick on a forced throw.